Monday, July 18, 2016

$20 Re-Purposed Dress Up Center


I have been keeping my eye on a dress up center from Land of Nod for Ainsley. I actually had written it on a list of possible Christmas gifts for her for this year. She loves to wear her princess dresses, and I never really had a good place to put them where they were easily accessible for her. 

Fast forward to one day last week when I stopped in Home Goods after work, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a miniature coat rack sitting in the corner. It was ugly, a purple-magenta color, but it was only $20, and I knew it had potential if I could paint it. So after picking little miss up from school we headed to Walmart where I let her pick from 3 different colors to paint it, coral, white, or mint. Of course I knew she would pick the coral one, and I loved that it was the perfect color match for her room.


One thing I have struggled with in her room is making it kid friendly but at the same time, keeping the toys put away. I personally don't like for toys to be strolled all over the bedrooms, so I mainly put all of her play toys in the play room. But I do love when I can add something that not only makes the room look nice, but also allows her to have toys at her fingertips as well. 



Little miss loves being able to grab her dresses now, and it is super lightweight so can be easily moved around if needed. 

Hope you all had a great weekend! Here's to praying for a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment